| Clear or Colorful 1.50in Crystal Ball European, 30% Lead, or Swarovski Crystal |
- SKU# 11023
- Item# WGL101701-40
- Diameter 40mm
- Contains 1 pre-drilled hole on top of ball
- Great for decorating your light fixtures
- Select from the following crystal options:
• Clear European Crystal
• Clear Swarovski Crystal
• Blue (Sapphire) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Golden Shadow (Champagne) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Golden Teak (Smoke) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Jet Black 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Light Green (Peridot) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Light Yellow 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Pink (Rosaline) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Red (Bordeaux) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Silver Shade (Grey) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
• Topaz (Amber) 30% Lead Colored Crystal
Swarovski Spectra Crystal A beautiful value.
A passion for perfection has made Swarovski the world leader in the production of cut crystal. Swarovski has used advanced technology with olde world knowledge to produce a brilliant crystal with precision cutting and superior light reflection. This crystal type is designed for a crystal connoisseur demanding quality at an affordable price.
European Crystal Venetian heritage.
Venetian crystal (from the glass-making regions in and around Venice) is molded, not cut. You will notice a rounding of edges that comes from fire polishing. Molded crystal, though never as brilliant as cut Swarovski crystal, has a subtle charm and is an exceptional value. It is an ideal budget crystal for heavily dressed and/or commercially oriented chandeliers.
Colored 30% Lead Crystal Colored crystal with superior shine.
Lead crystal is lead glass that has been hand or machine-cut with facets. Lead oxide added to the molten glass gives lead crystal a much higher index of refraction than normal glass, and consequently much greater "sparkle" by increasing specular reflection and the range of angles of total internal reflection. The presence of lead makes the glass softer and easier to cut. Crystal can consist of up to 35% lead, at which point it has the most sparkle. The higher lead content also makes it much more difficult to form crystal during manufacturing.